Monday, March 1, 2010

Step 10

Step 10 Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

So what- this isn't a one time fix it all. I will constantly have flaws!! I wonder if it is at all like the mail and that glorious 1 week in between when all your bills are paid and you don't get anything but junk mail in the mail!!! I love that week. Hopefully I will get a little while in between:)

About the time that we think that we are comfortable is about the same time that we are usually inches away from right back to where we started.

I have been working on my victim mentality, yelling, and unrealistic expectations. Those are very difficult for one to get rid of. My job is currently still up in the air and I am struggling some with self pity about that, but doing well by not eating to cope. I am trying with the unrealistic expectations of other people. This meaning, that I am not living in la-la land thinking that there aren't mean people, and my husband should just know what I am thinking, and that my kid can certainly figure out how to NOT POOP his pants (don't even get me started) because apparently those things are not realistic.

Now identifying flaws, while very difficult for me at time, the most difficult is the whole "promptly" thing. It takes me a minute (and usually the help of someone else-thanks Cindy) for me to realize my flaws. Better late than never right?? Recovery is a journey not a destination and I intend to make it a lovely trip! Starting by not being so critical- and being realistic. Accepting that this is new for me and as long as I am having more good days than bad then I am good. I am not going to lose hundreds of pounds in a few months like I would have if i would have made it on the biggest loser (Damn them for not picking me), but I will become what I am supposed to be.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

1 comment: