Saturday, February 27, 2010

great news!!!

Well I cant believe that I haven't written in a whole week. I was super busy this week.

I do have some great news though. I had a doctor appointment on Wednesday and he told me that I have lost 15 pounds since August.. that is 2 pounds a month, and if you figure that I have only been dieting for a couple of months, so it is way better than that!!!! hey if i have to convince myself that is what happened then I will:) It will keep me motivated so I will use it!!! He also told me that my most recent diabetes check came back so good that I don't have to automatically get another one next year like I have had to do for the last 5 years. They always came back fine before, but close to being high, so he always made me do it automatically every year, but NO MORE!!!! My blood pressure was wonderful, but I guess that isn't too big of a deal because it always is, but great to hear nonetheless. He also gave me a prescription for water aerobics so my insurance will pay for it!!:) I cant wait to get that started and I have my first appointment next Monday. I am feeling really good right now. I have continued to do well and been watching calories (although I had a couple of not so great days this week and I totally ate out of emotional reasons, but I totally got right back on track!!). However the exercise has gone out the window.. I didn't exercise the whole week.. No yoga, no nothing.. And I feel like sh** so I am paying the consequences. I do have the best friend on the planet and i have mentioned her before (Jennifer) and she sent me a Dirty Dancing work out video!!! i cant wait!!!

I will get back next week to step 10, and watch out it will be a dozy!!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

3 comments:

  1. I mailed it on Thursday, so you should have it or will get it by Monday. I hope you can figure it out. It was so confusing for me.
    I also love water aerobics. I wish we lived closer. The good thing about water aerobics is no sweating - and you feel like no one can see your belly when it is in the water! Let me know how this goes. I have been thinking about joining WA at the Beach, but I just never made the call. You may inspire this one too!
    good job man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the dvd.. thank you so much.. and i dont think water aerobics will work out.. insurance wont pay for the classes, just therapy and it is a little more expensive than we can handle right now.. i have to do some budgeting or check at the y.

    ReplyDelete